View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 11:53 AM   #7
Laurel

Re: allergic reaction anyone (tennis anyone?)

Man, Flori, I got nothin', but will pray someone way smarter than me does. Avastin is a good drug. I do hope you can find something equally effective that your poor body can tolerate. I wonder whether it is just too much chemo on one day for you given you have been so heavily treated? Perhaps one day for the Vit. H and Perjeta, and another for the Avastin? I know that means being tethered to that damned pole twice, but if it gets the job done.

The medical guru's are fearful of an event from which they may face a lawsuit. Now while that may rankle you in light of your desperate circumstances, you have to try to see it from their point of view. A visit with the allergist may lessen their paranoia enough to permit them to resume the Avastin in either a slow infusion or separate day or both.

I think it is concern for legal ramifications down the road if you should react very badly to Avastin a second time that gives the medical staff pause. In Pennsylvania, a most litigious state where our multitude of colleges fart out lawyers like a beer, beans, & egg bender, the practice of defensive medicine is rampant. The point is that if you can get into their heads you may be able to find a way around the paranoia. The allergist offering a new med to circumvent the immune reaction may give your docs the courage to attempt Avastin again.

I know the whole process of the big fight is exhausting and you are certainly justified in your feelings of frustration. I sure hope you can fall back and regroup for another siege, my friend. I will pray so and that you find an answer quickly.

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote