View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #17
Holly

Re: Pictures of Herceptin Rash

I am getting a rash around my port and it spreads. Don't know for sure what is causing it, but I am getting Herceptin through that port. My radiologist prescribed an antibiotic, and I used Metrogel (insanely expensive, but works on other rashes I get). Not sure which worked, but it cleared up. But, this week's Herceptin brought it back again. The rash is quite itchy, and reddened. When I let it go untreated the first time, not knowing what it was, it got very dry and slightly bumpy, and it spread from a dime size spot to a teacup size with a trail along the path of the port tube. I do take Singular, but am not supposed to have Benedryl.

I'm not a doctor, so this is just an OTC suggestion. If the area is fairly limited, I'd try an OTC anti-itch cream and see if that works before going to something prescribed. It would be less problematic than steroids might be. I already had Metrogel from a previous breakout totally unrelated, so I used that and Metasone (think that's the right spelling), both are prescription, but both helped a lot.

The radiologist took a picture, I'll see if I can get a copy and post it here.