View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #3
Chelee

Re: 6 months post-chemo and hair on body slowed-stopped?

I totally agree with what Gerri had to say. She's right on the money. I realize once dx with bc everything worries us...believe me...I know. But you will see soon your hair will start growing again. I know the hair on my legs and under arms has never been the same. There is nothing really worth shaving under the arms or legs anymore...which works for me. So don't worry about that...I find that to be pretty normal after chemo.

But the hair on your head and eyebrows will be fine even though it might not seem like it right now. I know till I was completely off herceptin my hair just did not grow back very fast. Seems like to took forever. But not soon after finishing herceptin my hair grew much faster then before. It may of been slow at first due to the Taxotere and Carb...that is so hard on the body. So give it some more time and you will see how fast it will come back.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote