View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 08:43 AM   #1
madubois63

message from madubois63

It has been a while since I've posted (sorry). I killed my daughter's laptop while in the hospital (she doesn't know yet) and I've been really tired and also crazy withthe holidays. I hope everyone is as healthy as they can be and is enjoying life to the fullest. I know how hard that can be. Today, I am 52 days POST bone marrow transplant!! I have done very well so far. I have had minor reactions due to some of the MANY medications I am on. My body can't keep magnesium. I take these huge mag pills 4 times a day, eat pumpkin seeds and soak my feet in Epson salt (mag). My body shakes and I get terrible Charlie horse cramps, but this is doable compared to what I could be going through if I didn't have the transplant. My blood is still B+, but I have A+ characteristics - the war in my body has started. This is a good thing. I do get blood transfusions every week (normal at this stage in the game). I drive myself (freedom - yeah), I do light cleaning, food shopping and cooking. I have to rest a lot and do take naps every once in a while. A nurse told me I should be getting more energy after day 60 or so. I got a LOT of financial help for Christmas this year and was able to get almost everything the kids asked for. Roswell Park's Pastoral Care sent me a HUGE shippment (3 big boxes) of food and gifts for the kids. A local grassroots organization sent me a huge check for gifts and a local church gave me gift certificates for food and Wal-mart (my favorite store because they have those electric carts - look out). This Christmas would have been special even if there were nothing under the tree, but it is especially wonderful knowing there are such GREAT people out there to help. This has been a very hard 2 years for me, but it has also been very special. I have gotten such GREAT support from the ladies regularly soon. January 12th marks my 7th year of survivorship!!!! It's been a hell of a trip, but somehow I've come out of this a better person. I wish you all the most joyous wishes, dreams and life. I wish I could hug you all and tell you each how special you are to me.
with all my love....

-:¦:-Maryann -:¦:-´´
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo