View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 06:37 AM   #7
Karen Wheel

Re: When organic is not available?

Beating Cancer with Nutrition - (book I am studying now!) but ... he says that there isn't that much difference (really!) from organic to non-organic - and sometimes the price tag on the organic veg and fruits is so high it puts it out of normal reach. He suggests you eat as much fresh (raw!) veg and fruit as you can and just soak it in water and vinegar for like 15 minutes (think thats what he said? But I do it for at least 15) before rinsing and storing in the fridge. I make my day of bringing home veg from the store into a cleaning, washing and then re-placing in the fridge ready for use ... it seems to work well.

The important thing is to wash it good - and don't buy that pre-packaged crap salad! :-) If you do --- wash it too!

:-) I have a salad spinner that works well for spinach and greens and also radish leaves which I have just found are not bad sautéed! I hate to throw away something they have charged me for "by the kilo" here in Italy. ;-)

Karen
3-09 – Right Quadrantectomy. Clear margins.
3 lymph nodes taken - all clear
Tumor results: Stage 1, 1.5 cm, Her2 +++
Est positive 80% - Prog 10% - Ki67 postive 30%
4-09 – Became a vegan! pH balance of body - cancer can't grow in neutral pH!
4-09 Started Herceptin & Chemo (9 weeks of Navelbine *)
* FYI - when coupled with Herceptin has the same results as more toxic chemo. No brainer!
8-09 - 30 RADS
9-09 - Said NO to hormone therapy
4-10 Finished Herceptin!!!!

7-10 PET Scan & other exams .... All clear! YIPPEE!!!!
11-10 Breast, organ Ultrasounds and lung x-rays all clear no changes ... NED!

2-25-2011 --- 2 years from surgery and NED!!!!!!
7-2011 Clear bone scan and full body and head MRI! NED! NED! NED! ;-)[/SIZE]
Karen Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote