View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 11:31 AM   #10
Dakini52

Re: Diagnosed 1999, no recurrence. Chronic pain biggest problem.

I have had some arthritis pain for quite some time and I noticed that when I was going through chemo the pain was not present, however, once I was off chemo the pain returned with a vengeance. I talked to my onc and he said that was really common. Chemo is actually used to treat some types of arthritis and once the chemo is stopped the pain returns at an increased level. I still have chronic joint pain and try to move about as much as possible to help with it.
Diagnosed June, 2006 HER2+++, ER- PR-, Grade 3, Stage IIB. Modified radical mastectomy, radiation, chemo, Herceptin, Tykerb 1 year. [*]In remission until 2/2010. Small tumor detected on chest wall during routine scan. 2/2010 surgery to remove tumor, started Herceptin/Tykerb, follow up radiation. [*]12/26/2010 - Off Tykerb due to allergic reaction[*]12/16/2014 - Have continued on Herception for almost 5 years now and remain NED. Discussion with onc re adding Perjeta to the Herceptin as another way of preventing recurrence. Still in discussion phase. 12/26/14 Onc applying for approval for Perjeta.
Perjeta approved and I received one infusion. It had an immediate impact to my lungs and I experienced difficulty breathing so.....I'm going to be sticking with just Herceptin. Still looking for a good vaccine program to enroll in.

Debbie K
Dakini52 is offline   Reply With Quote