View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 07:00 PM   #10
Lovemyboys3

Re: Shortness of Breath and so very scared

So I wanted to give you all an update...

I continued to have shortness of breath, at times it was pretty bad, so my Onc scheduled a CT scan and Echo. Well let me say, it was not a great experience. During my CT scan, my vein blew and my arm swelled up almost instantly. It was very painful and scary!! I didn't know what was going on and the tech ran over and stopped the meds immediately and put a warm cloth on my arm. I had never heard of a vein "blowing" up so it really freaked me out. The swelling went down by the next morning but I can say I am now terrified of CT scans. :/
The results went to my doc and she said all looked pretty good. No Mets BUT the area near the port had a restriction (which is why the vein to blew). There was not enough room for the meds to go through so it backed up and my vein didn't like that.
I then had to have a V/Q scan of my lungs soon after. Thank the Lord, all came back clear at that point. My lungs are clear and there are no embolisms. Pfew!!
I have not received the results of my echo but my Onc said my heart sounds very strong and my pulse is great.
Go figure after all of this craziness I am breathing better. We are thinking it was either allergies or an anxiety attack.
In the mean time my doc sees my anemia isn't getting any better so she has me on a high dose of Vit. B12 and Iron. I have to say, ever since I started taking that, I have been feeling so much better in general. I was getting so tired all of the time and had no energy to do anything. Now I feel energized and am loving life.

I some how need to learn that not every ache and pain is cancer.
I need to live in the moment and trust in the Lord!

Thank you all for your continuous support!

6/27/2013 - Diagnostic Mammogram due to a tiny lesion found.
6/27/13 - Diagnosed with Breast Cancer at age 33 :'(
07/11/2013 - Surgical needle biopsy
07/15/2013 - Path report results from biopsy - DCIS with micro invasion, Pagents disease - ER/PR- Her2+++
7/26/13 - PET Scan CLEAR!!
8/19/13 - B/L Mastectomy w/DIEP Flap reconstructive surgery. Nodes removed clear!! Stage 1A. Positive Margins remaining
8/23/13 - Finally HOME from the hospital
9/10/13 - All drains out. YEAH!!
9/6/13 - 2nd Surgery to try and remove remaining positive margins. Port placed.
9/11/13 - Path report shows all tissue samples are neg. Clear Margins!!
10/3/13 First TCH treatment - Horrible amount of side effects.

11/10/11 - First weekly Herceptin treatment.
10/11/13 - Late night ER visit due to Neutropenic fever - WBC at 0 in the hospital.

11/17/13 - Ultrasound on left breast due to pain. Benign findings: Oil cysts and possible Fat Neurosis from reconstructive surgery.
11/24/13 - Round 2 TCH treatment.
11/25/13 - Neulasta Shot given. Side effects minimal. Woo Hoo!
11/27/13 - Said goodbye to my hair. :-(
01/14 - Mammogram and Ultra sound - CLEAR!
01/23/14 - Last scheduled Chemo! WOO HOO!
03/04/14 - Phase 2&3 reconstructive surgery DONE!
03/06/14 - 2 days after surgery and 1st Herceptin only treatment. Minimal side affects.
03/14 - Began having pain and weakness in my feet and legs. Doc thinks it is delayed side affects of chemo possibly Neuropathy. Could even be the Herceptin (what ever it is I would appreciate it if it went away :/)
03/14 - A little over 8 wks post chemo and hair is about 1/2in long. :) Not a whole lot but its getting there. Eyebrows are taking there time but are coming in nicely.
04/14 - Where did my eyelashes go? :/

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Lovemyboys3 is offline   Reply With Quote