Thread: Zoladex
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #1
JennyB

Zoladex

Hello Ladies,

I have just found out that,even though my oncologist said there was a very small chance, my ovaries have kicked back into action! Were not sure for how long as the last blood test I had the hormone aspect was forgotten!! Anyway I knew something was wrong due to the eruption on my skin of hormone associated spots so went and had an extra blood test! Now I am just about to go and have a Zoladex injection to stop the ovaries and put me back in menopause so I can continue with the Femara tablets. My question is could I have been having increased risk taking Femara when my ovaries have been producing and since my last blood test was August showing all hormones stopped could this relatively short time period be enough to increas risk also??
Also I believe Zoladex overstimulates the ovaries to the point of failure, I think?, so in this initial overload stage do you think I should stop the Femara too??
I am of course trying to get hold of my onc for chat about all this but was wondering if anyone had experience first?
Thanks in advance ladies and Gents
Jenny x
Clear margins but lymphovasculer invasion
Stage 3a Grade 3
Fec 100 x 3 Jan '11 Taxotere X 3 and Herceptin X 1yr
Staging scans - CT brain & body and bone - May '11 - NED!!
Start Femara - in chemo induced menapause
25 Rads June '11
Dec '11 Menstruation resumed - zoladex inj monthly and Tamoxifen
Feb '12 Back on Femera and Zoladex
March '12 CT brain & body & bone scan all clear
Zometa x2/yearly
April '12 - Oopherectomy

Praying the Herceptin is as good as its hype!!
JennyB is offline   Reply With Quote