View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
'lizbeth

Re: Searching for new direction

I had acupuncture every week during treatment. It was a fortunate luxury that helped rid me of that overall achiness from chemotherapy. And eliminated the worst pain I'd ever felt in my life after an infection. It can help with many, many issues. don't like needles, try acupressure.

The best "alternatives" that I have discovered are moderate exercise, a diet full of healthy pesticide-free fruits & vegetables and whole grains, generous amount of water (I prefer Penta which is filtered 11 times). As a stage IV survivor, I would work hard to eliminate sugar from your diet, and avoid alcohol. Most of the stage IV stories of success I've come across is from juicing. I don't know what policy the clinical trial folks have on supplements, so I would ask before adding anything new. My oncologist recommended that I take Vitamin D.

A positive determined attitude and meditation is helpful. Resolve any feelings of resentment.

My friend, who has stage IV ovarian cancer is doing all sorts of interesting alternatives. Her doctor is Juergan Wrinkler in Carlsbad, Ca. Here is information on his intergrated approach:

http://www.qfmed.com/doctor/dr-juergen-winkler/

I think the T-DM1 clinical trial was a great idea, I'm hoping it gets you back to a permanent NED.

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote