Thread: Survivor Survey
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 10:47 AM   #10
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
I Am A Srvivor!

"95 dx w/4th stage invasive/infiltrating lobular carcinoma w/2 out of 18 lymph nodes involved. '98 multiple mets in the liver. Her2+ -- 80%. Taxotere Sept '98 thru May '99. Herceptin Nov '98 to present. Wkly '98-'02. Triple dosage every 3 wks '02-present. NED. Just extremely fatigued most days, except when I receive Procrit (and now Aranesp) to boost my flagging red blood cell count -- which has become an issue with Medicare and most insurance cos who don't want to pay for the $7,000 injection for NON CHEMO patients. Herceptin patients receive a monoclonal antibody and have been left in the lurch on this issue, in the last month! I remain positive it will be resolved, but worry that if my dipping red blood counts go unchecked, my health will obviously reflect that. Do I have to become hospitalized before I get help? Who will speak for this small group who have what my doc calls "chemo-induced anemia". Haven't been on "chemo" since '99. All blood tests show no reason for this red blood slippage. 1 shot last 3 mnth usually. But NO shot, leaves me...ANDREA PS PUT "YOUR" NAME ON THE SURVIVOR'S LIST YOU ARE ACCRUING! THINK OF YOURSELF AS A PART OF THAT GROUP. INSIST UPON IT! DAILY! AND DON'T FORGET TO SAY THANK YOU FOR YOUR GOOD FORTUNE WITH EACH NEW DAY... EACH DAY IS A GIFT.
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote