View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 09:20 AM   #7
SoCalGal

tykerb/xeloda DAY 7

It took me nearly a week to get Tykerb w/Xeloda. Then it took me an entire night and day of obsessing to figure out what to take when. It didn't help that my doc's advice contradicted the Tykerb instructions. It did help to call Tykerb Cares, they were informative. Dispite the cheesy name, they do care and connected me to a pharmacist right away.

Here's my routine: I get up, (have to have my coffee), take tykerb then wait an hour (while I shower and get dressed, make up, house tidy, etc) and then I eat and then I take the xeloda.

The first few days I had some queasy waves but mild. Also have a loose stomach. I started taking CULTERELLE, a probiotic, and that really calmed my tummy gurgling and diarhia. I prefer Culterelle because they don't require refridgeratrion but any probiotic will help the gastro track.

Today is day #7 and so far I'm really doing okay. Reading stories of encouragement and survival, on this site, has been extremely helpful and hopeful for me. I am starting to get back on my feet, since the met. diagnosis of April 9th. Starting to breathe again and have hope. Thanks to all who takes the time to post. --Flori
SoCalGal is offline   Reply With Quote