View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 06:55 AM   #195
gin-tx

Smile Diagnosis and treatment

Dear Rhonda,

I tried to reply to your inquiry but couldn't get it to work. I have had bc twice, once in 95, had radiation only, then diag again in 2006, agressive Stage IV metastatic as it had spread to bones. I'm responding to treatment so far, had 18 rads on spine which was very hard on me as it affected digestion, esyphogus, etc. Then the onc started Herceptin every 3 weeks which will be on forever. If I stop treatment he said the cancer will definitely come back. By way had partial mastectomy in 06. I also get Aredia every other treatment. It is to strengthen bones which were weakened from the radiation. I know at some point the cancer will come back but am getting discouraged. After two yrs and people ask when will I be finished. The answer is Never! Hope you are doing well, keep me informed of your progress and how you are getting along. I still work part time as that is all onc will let me work, keep benefits thank goodness as disability has run out so am using vac time that I had built up for treatment and dr appts.

ginkott1@aol.com
gin-tx is offline   Reply With Quote