View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 06:51 PM   #9
tfabre

Re: Would like to hear from any Er-, Pr-. with lymph nodes involved?

KitKat,

You will find, just as I have, that these survivors are the best! At first I thought there was no hope after looking at a study, and then a friend sent me this site...it changed my outlook completely! We all have our "scarey" moments, but I decided early on that my life could not revolve around the "what ifs" of BC, and it was not going to ruin my life, and those precious little moments with my family and friends. I truly believe that God has a plan for us when we are born, and we have to make the most of everyday. I find my joy in helping others.

Out of 15 nodes, I had only 1 that was positive, but 6 were very large and looked "suspicious". My last chemo will be on 10/14, then I will begin rads x 35, Herceptin will decrease from weekly to every 3 weeks at that time.

Just keep reading these threads, living and loving life!!! Keep us updated

Found lump...Oh, crap!
Dx 4/29/10
Invasive Poorly Differentiated Ductal Carcinoma. BRCA 1&2 no mutations(although 2 cousins also are HER2+)HMMM....
Stage IIB, G3
ER/PR -, HER2+++
5/11/10 Lumpectomy/Axillary node dissection/Mediport placement
Tumor 3.5cm, 1/15 nodes + Both Sentinel nodes negative!
6/24/10 - Started TCH.
10/14/10 - Finished chemo...yea!!!!!
12/27/10 - PET scan and MRI-NED!!!!!
03/09/11 - Bilateral Mastectomy and reconstruction (DIEP Flap)
03/16/11 - NED! Path report negative!
6/9/11 - Revision of both breasts, and port removed. Two lumps removed...both benign!
6/23/09 - LAST HERCEPTIN!!! Wohooooo!

My son Tim and his wife Nicole just had their first born...a son, Brayden...my first Grandchild! My daughter Hanna is working her way through college, and I am so proud! God has blessed me.

Update...as of 10/2013...still NED, and my son and daughter-in-law just had identical twin girls!!! They have blessed me with 3 beautiful grandchildren in 27 months!! Haha!
My beautiful daughter, Hanna, is still working toward her degree and working full-time.

God is so good:)
tfabre is offline   Reply With Quote