View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #23
Laurel

Re: NEDenise Has Died

About a week before Denise posted her "Danger, Danger" post, I had awoken in the night with such a feeling of foreboding that our Denise was going to be taken from us. I prayed harder, warred longer, and then despaired when she posted her news in her usual creative, ever upbeat manner. For me, it was a fearsome confirmation of what I had felt that night and I have prayed and beseeched the Almighty to spare her and spare all of us, who need her beautiful soul here on earth, her loss. This morning, again in the night, I awoke and my first thought was for Denise and was spurred to pray until I fell back into a restless sleep.

Denise was a brave, inspiring, compassionate woman who gave to all of us by her marvelous, heartfelt, brilliant, and oh so humorous posts. She brought us laughter with her many witty "cancerizms" and reminded me in my mind's eye of Carol Burnett, another brave and funny lady.

I will miss Denise for as long as I inhabit this earth. I always say that there are 3 famous women whom I want to meet on the other side: Golda Meir, Margaret Thatcher, and Corrie Ten Boom. Now a fourth famous (to all of us, right?) woman has joined that honored group. I now long to meet a healthy, shining Denise too! Can you imagine the gab session going on up there with Denise, Brenda, Sheila, Amanda, Tricia, Jackie, Pam, Courtney, and so many others from our Her2 family? May none of us join the party for many, many years to come!

Condolences to all of us who now mourn her passing: her beloved family and students, and us--her Her2 family. This is the saddest of days.

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote