View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 07:53 PM   #1
Heathcliff4

Ever Expanding Waist line

So, I read through some older posts on here and many of us complain about this weight gain that commonly happens after chemo and while on AI or tamoxifen. I am taking zolodex for ovarian suppression as well.

It seems as if the people who have had the best results are those who have gone to endocrinologists and actually gotten some type of medication to help stabilize their sugar intake or other issues. Should I consider asking my Oncologist for a referral? I have gone up almost 2 dress sizes in less than a year. I have cut back calories, upped my exercise, etc. I've always been fit and active and able to maintain my weight. Not liking this new situation.

Thanks,

Kathryn

8/2013 Diagnosed age 42 with boys aged 2.5 and 6, Stage 11b, 1 cm her2+++, 30% ER positive, 5% PR positive, Rt Breast. Also DCIS in second spot of rt breast, high grade.
9/2013 Bilateral mastectomy, 3 nodes positive
10/13 Started AC/TH, Perjeta and Herceptin
1/14 Finished Chemo
3/14 Radiation, 5 weeks
4/14 Started Tamoxifen
6/14 Discontinued Tamoxifen due to extreme joint pain, exhaustion and depression
6/14 Started Exemestane and Zolodex shots to suppress ovaries
11/14 Finished Herceptin
11/14 Discontinued Exemestane due to similar side effects as Tamoxifen.
1/15 Reconstruction
3/15 CT Scan (routine) shows possible liver mets.
3/15 PET/CT scan shows no mets - huge sigh of relief
4/15 Began Letrozole. Knee and hip joint discomfort but minimal. Otherwise, knocking on wood - so far, so good!
Heathcliff4 is offline   Reply With Quote