View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 08:05 AM   #41
R.B.

Lisa.

I know I grind on about diet and balancing the omega threes and sixes but.....

Asthma is an inflamatory related condition and some writers link excess omega six to asthma.

Dry are are definately helped by balancing the threes and sixes and taking DHA - I can vouch for that personally.

Smart Fats M Schmidt is a whole book essentially about the importance of omega three and particularly the long chain omega three DHA and its impact on brain health - mental alertness, tiredness, ADHD, MS, Bipolar, age realated degeneration..................................

DHA is fundamental to eyesight.

There are lots of links click on search above right.

If you have time and are interested you can find Smart Fats second hand on the WEB.

We have only had access to high levels of cheap concentrated omega six sources oils for the last say 100 years. Fats are fundmanental to our existance and have a role directly or indirectly in many of the bodies functions

I am passionate on the subject. At the worst it should improve your general health - even the doctors sites are officially accepting omega three is important to cardiac health, at best a few studies have suggested risk reduction factors as high as seventy percent.

As always do talk to your advisors about magor dietary changes.

RB
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote