View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 10:13 PM   #2
forher

Re: Very, very confused

That does sound very confusing! I am learning about Her2+ cancer myself and don't have answers for you, but I will say that cancers can change. I am surprised she did not get radiation. I had 1 lymph node involvement and had to have radiation. But, I did notice that my pathology report was written up wrong....it said I was hormone positive after my BMX. My onc said it was a mistake. I don't know who to believe.
I also had implant infection and had to have it removed. I only have one now. At the time of my infection and implant removal, I asked my plastic surgeon to check for any cancer. He said there was none. Did she get a second pathology at the time of her implant removal? It sounds like the there was nothing found in the breast tissue. You should get a copy of whatever she is referring to.
I wonder if there is another way to check for ER/PR receptors? Can blood work be done? Or only on actual tissue samples? Are you saying that she has NEW lymph node involvement? But you said she is in remission.
I know, you are asking the q's and I'm asking you q's too! It would be helpful to see a signature with all the history so we can get a clearer picture. I hope I was a little helpful...Anyways, get your hands on any reports from the first biopsy to the BMX and implant removal. Her tissues may have been sampled then.
BMX Dec 2013
28 Rads Feb 2014
Exchange surgery June 2014
Herceptin end Sept 2014
Headaches start Oct 2014
CT body clear Nov 2014
Brain MRI 4 lesions Nov 2014
SRS via LINAC in Dec 2014
Rt side infection, hospitalized, lost right implant on Jan 1, 2015
Jan 14 2015 MRI brain lesions shrinking
Jan 27 2015 Re-start herceptin every 3 weeks
Feb 2015 CT/PET Body clear
Re-start Lymphedema treatment April 2015
Breast MRI clear April 2015
Brain MRI April 2015 - shows everything stable, nothing new (whew)
CT scan June 2015 - clear
forher is offline   Reply With Quote