View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #11
Jean

Re: Being Sad and Vulnerable makes you Brave

What a great thread...most enjoyable to read.
It brought me back to when I was first dx. and I clearly remember so down and sad that I was dx. Living the experience of not really showing your children and spouse just how sad you are, so you don't scare them.
I remember being in my shower after my lumpectomy feeling overwhelmed. The Herceptin trials had just come out and were all over the news. I thought okay I can have herceptin I will be okay, I think? a Then being told that I could not have it (back then in 05) because I was an earlier stager. I began to cry for the first time - no one would hear and no one would see my tears as they blended in with the shower water. After that good cry I felt annoyed and my strength surfaced. I knew in that shower that I was going to give this cancer a good fight. It took me months to get herceptin and traveling out to see Dr. Slamon. I had to listen to a top onc. in NY tell me I wasn't accepting my
dx. When I think about it now I actually laugh. Yes we are so resilient, strong and come back better than a timex watch. I am amazed with the ladies on this site.
Through our dx we have learned how sweet and dear life is. We are richer in so many countless ways.
I have lived better these past 9yrs. after dx. than all my previous years.
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006

Last edited by Jean; 11-06-2013 at 08:22 PM..
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote