View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 09:00 AM   #74
Carolyns

Hi All,

Below is what I know about the timeline and my experience with BC and Herceptin. I don't have all of the specific details like some of you who seem to be so well educated on the subject. This is as much as I know. Thanks for the questions and answers, my doctor always seems interested when I report back to her what I read.

32 yrs old BC - 89 Rt mastectomy - CAF for 6 months ER+PR+ stage 1

42 yrs old BC - 99 Lt mastectomy - precancer foci (sp) no further treatment stage 1 again?

46 yrs old - 04 Hysterectomy and Implant revision

49 yrs old - stage 4 - bones, chest wall, skin - started with Femara in trial 50% chance Lapatinib or Placebo (Zometa once per month) for 12 weeks. Mixed response after 3 months. Switch to Herceptin / Gemzar weekly for 3 weeks (Zometa monthly). Could not tolerate Gemzar for 3 weeks on and counts dropped too low. Switch to weekly for two weeks with a double dose of Herceptin on second week and week 3 off. Very bad headache similar to a spinal tap headache after the double dose of Herceptin. Pain was like an explosion of pain to the head when I began to move or once I stopped after moving. This happened on the day after treatment. This happened two times. Changed to 2 weekly doses of Gemzar / Herceptin and week 3 Herceptin alone. No more headaches. Received Herceptin about 14 doses so far.

So far so good. I try to drink as much as possible (6 to 8 glasses of water) for the 3 days following infusion. I think this helps me.

Carolyn
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote