View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
ammebarb

Thanks so much....

for replying Marie and Laurel. My sis's treatment was yesterday and she is resting at the moment. I had the opportunity to meet her oncologist for the first time yesterday and my first impression was good. He told her, just as Laurel said, that her second regimen would be easier. There would be different side effects, but should be tolerated a bit better than the AC.

She will have two more AC treatments, on a three week cycle and then twelve weekly Taxol and Herceptins. Her chemo nurse told her that she might find that the side effects with the AC are a bit harder as she does more cycles.....we didn't want to hear that!

Laurel, did the eyelashes and eyebrows also grow back? She is still a bit sensitive about the shaved head, but is comfortable enough with her husband and with me to skip the head coverings. She's my sis and she's beautiful to me, hair or no hair! She has worn a really nice wig when she goes out.

We'll probably be asking lots more questions as we go....thanking you all in advance for your kindness and caring. I pray for your regularly.

Barb A.
ammebarb is offline   Reply With Quote