View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 11:17 PM   #15
Chelee

Lynn, I know its really hard to believe much after your doctor tells you that you have 18 months. But when I was first DX I thought if I was lucky I had a week. I was scared out of my mind. You will have good days and bad like all of us. Having this dreaded disease is a nightmare...thats for sure. But get those fists up and get ready to fight.

In the six months that I have been going through this and reading everything I can find...talking to people at my cancer center...visiting these boards...I have learned so much.

There are so many women with Stage IV and they have been handling it and doing great for years. There is one place at my cancer center that has a little shop inside of it for us women. Its to buy wigs, hats, camisoles, and such. They talk to women with bc all day long...and every day! We got to talking one day because I was a bit down...and the women that owns the store told me she knows this one women that has been stage IV for NINE years and is doing great considering all she has been through. Then she went on to tell me about so many other women that come in there.

She gave me more encouragment then my own doctors. But these women really do exist...they really are out there and living life.

We all understand how scared you are. That is very normal. I would be lying if I told you I never get scared...because I do. I have bad days and good days. And so far...believe it or not...I have had MORE good then bad. So will you.

Find yourself a GOOD oncologist....one that is IN YOUR CORNER and wants to see you do good. They ARE out there. And please check in here often and ask all the questions you can think of, we are all here to help you.

Hang in there. Sending you warm & healing thoughts.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote