View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #4
Mary Jo

Hi Louise,

I, too, am so happy to hear from you and to hear how well you are doing. Praise God. I also was happy and thank God that your daughter is doing well. May God keep her on the road of recovery and may her spirit be filled with love and peace as she walks forward in healing.

Louise, I, too, "lost" my oncologist so I understand how you feel. My oncologist has been gone now for over a year (she moved on to Mayo in Jacksonville Florida) and I remember how devastating it was for me to have to say good bye. She was a breast cancer survivor also - a very brilliant woman - a little "spit fire" I liked to call her - believed in being aggressive and all 100 pounds of her rode a Harley (my husband REALLY loved that about her) I was "assigned" another oncologist but after doing some of my own research chose a different one. My new oncologist is very nice and very brilliant as well but he isn't my first. I think because she "carried" me throughout treatment and was my "lifeline" in a manner of speaking - well, I think you feel a special attachment to them.

BUT, now I am well. Surviving and thriving and GOD WILLING this onc. will never have to walk with me during treatment. As a matter of fact, after our 2nd visit together I remember saying to him "you and I hopefully will never have a real close relationship because I won't be here that often." He said "that is always what we hope for."

God's prayers for continued healing........to both you and your daughter.

Love,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06