View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #56
prolifejoan

Re: 5 year's out from stage 3 Her2 pos 35 pos nodes

Dear NanaJoni,

I absolutely understand and I am grateful for your post to me because
you helped me to "lighten up" a little. That is what I needed to do. I am not in denial, I take serious things seriously, but I sure could use some JOY right now, and I know that the Joy the Lord gives us is lasting Joy, no matter what happens. I just hope for the best, for myself as well as for every person in this forum, and for everyone who is dealing with trials and struggles, no matter what form they take.

Don't worry, NanaJoni, your goodwill shines through and you truly do give me much hope! God bless you! That cute little boy I am holding is the son of a friend of mine, whom I visited in North Dakota in
the summer of 2010. That little boy, Zeb, already has a little sister! He is #7 in a very beautiful and loving family. We have twin grandsons, 5, with our oldest daughter and a 10 month old grandson who is the only grandchild who lives nearby. We also have 2 grown grandchildren and a great granddaughter with our oldest foster son who came to live with us in 1978 when he was 14. We are greatly blessed.
12/14/11 core biopsy
came back positive for HER2 +, grade 3
1/4/12 lumpectomy, no metric stats at hand; lump was > 2 inches, + borders. 19 nodes removed, 17 positive
staph infection 2X
second opinion, www.carolinabreast.com.

March 12th - Adriamycin & Cytoxan every three weeks 4 cycles.

July 2 through October 8th - taxol and Herceptin every week with two cycles every other week.

October 22nd - 50 mgs. Benedryl & 600 mgs. Herceptin, was going to be every three weeks, but 600 mgs kicked my butt so now I get 200 mgs every week, through August 2013.

November 16, 2012, succesful simple bilateral mastectomy

December 26, 2012, began radiation. Side effects there, too. Sheesh. :-)
February 1, 2013, radiation ended.

August 1, 2013, last day of Herceptin

September 6, 2013, CT, found 2 cysts in lower abdomen. Nuclear bone scan clear!

September 13, 2013, sonogram checking those cysts -
prolifejoan is offline   Reply With Quote