View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #13
RhondaH

Smile I TOO feel we need to Nationalize health care...

1. Doing this would take the burden off of the employers making it easier for people in this country to compete for jobs that are outsourced to other countries.

2. With so many people losing their jobs (and their insurance), more people are seeking out the emergency room for care rather than going to the doctor not to mention, people are forgoing regular checkups thereby waiting until it is too late or too serious and the condition REALLY costs more money (preventative care is by FAR the cheaper way to go).

While no system is perfect, it would seem more logical to spread the health care burdon among the healthy and sick (if they were to cluster the healthy and sick, can you IMAGINE what we would be paying for health care) and have it be covered by everyone as well as tiered based on income (I'm sorry, but if you make more you should be able to pay more)...My 2 cents worth.

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote