View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 10:10 PM   #7
kcherub

Happy Easter, again! I just got finished putting Cooper's Easter baskets together. Yes, I said "baskets". We did an Easter Basket Buffet at my store, and I had planned on filling his basket with things from that. I did, and had a basket ready to go! Today, my husband and Cooper dropped me off at the store to wrap some last minute Easter baskets. They were SUPPOSED to go for a hot chocolate and knock on the back door when they were done. INSTEAD, Cooper came barreling down the sidewalk and right in the front door. SMACK into the table where all of the remaining stuffers were! UGH!!! So, I just told him that the Easter Bunny had been coming by at night filling baskets for children, and I came in the store in the morning and wrapped them up. He is so smart, that I had to keep elaborating the story. It ended up with the reason being that some children were going to be out of town on Easter and the Easter Bunny didn't want them to miss their treats. What a tangled web we weave...

So, after spending a chunk of change at Jo-Ann, and filling another basket with things he had never seen, I felt like Mommy of the Year. He is getting one basket from Daddy & Mommy, and one from the Easter Bunny. Poor kid--he had a crappy year, and might just deserve a little extra.

I forgot to mention yesterday (as it is after 1 A.M.--how am I ever going to get up for church?!?)...the 22nd was the day I found my "lump". However, it was also the day we took off from work, planted a rose garden and made Cooper a zip line in the back yard. Funny how I can remember everything from that day--even before.

April 6 will be my one-year cancerversary (from surgery), so I am getting there! What a blessing on Easter weekend to be one year out from the little bugger introducing itself.

Take care,
ER/PR 90%+ HER2 +
6 TCH started 5/25/2007, ended after #5 due to steroid "reactions" and neuropathy in feet and hands
BUT--#6 CH w/o Taxotere
Begin Herceptin alone 9/28/2007
30 rads completed 12/19/2007
Finish Herceptin 5/9/2008
Stopped Tamoxifen early--HATED it.
Married 17 years
13-year old son
3 embies on ice (from 1999)
GA, USA

kcherub is offline   Reply With Quote