Thread: My sister
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
Paty

Re: My sister

Dear Kathleen09,
You have come to the best board for her2 BC women. You are a great sister, I also have one sister I am very close to and I understand your worries and pain. It is very important that the tumors are small and once you have the final results after the operation, you will have more answer to what it is the right treatment that your sister needs to follow. her2 is supposed to be a form of very agressive cancer, but wait, dont read to much in the internet or you will be scary of all they say. Fortunately to us we have many treatments that keep us very well for a long long long time. Nowadays there is a drug called Herceptin (Trastuzumab) wich targets the Her2 and blocks it to keep acting. I am a 6 years survivor, my original tumor was 2.2 cm and I did receive chemo, radiawtion treatment and Hercepting for a year (every 3 weeks). So far I am doing fine and I am able to follow a new normal life. Feel free to ask any questions, there are so many of our survivors very well informed here that they will be able to answer your questions. God bless you and tell your sister that there e many treatments out there that re avIlable. I am sure her doctor will help her to find the best treatment for her according to the results.
ER-PR+,her2+++
6 FAC
32 Rads
Dx. Lung fibrosis due to radiation
Ended 1 year herceptin in March, 2008
Paty is offline   Reply With Quote