View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #610
kstrahm

Re: Please post your two cents on Herceptin "side effects" real or perceived!

I have been taking Herceptin for 6 years now. I was diagnosed right off the bat at 30 years old with stage IV with liver mets and started with Taxol, Carboplatinum, Hercptin and Femara as well as the Lupron shot to put me in menopause. I started all of that in April of 2006 and did that until Dec. 2006 at which time I switched to Herceptin only along with Femara and the Lupron - since that time I have recently had a hysterectomy so no more lupron so I am currently taking Femara and weekly Herceptin. I am starting to feel more side effects from the Herceptin - the day of infusion I get a headache with severe stuffiness and pressure in my head and am achy in my upper back and shoulders as well as knees - the most concerning thing I have noticed lately is little zings and pings all over my body which feels like needles poking me - it only lasts for a few seconds and then is gone - also I have burning and numbness on the palm of my hands and on my feet which is now starting up my leg - this seems to last almost up until the next infusion. My regular doc does not know what would cause this and has given me gabopentin to treat the effects. I will see the onc on April 2 and will see if he thinks we can take a break or if we need to press on - I am scared that these symptoms are neuropathy and if I keep taking it that it will get worse - however by stopping the Herceptin I also am scared that the liver mets will take hold again. So not sure what to do. Any advice or input would be appreciated. Thanks girls!
Hugs to all
kstrahm is offline   Reply With Quote