Thread: Well this sucks
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #17
mamacze

Re: Well this sucks

Such a terrible time and at once a wonderful time in your life. It must feel like you are immersed in a spiritual tsunami from Kiri’s diagnosis and yet a part of you is tugging to let go of the pain and take part in the wedding celebration.
It seems like this is the challenge that we all face at some point. To let go of the worry, fears and prognosis for chunks of times just like Kiri’s wedding, and immerse yourself in the joy - if only for a few moments. If you can do this, it seems like it will be a blessing to you both.
Suffering seems to be 10 fold worse to witness when it hits our children. How many times have you wished you could take the burden for her - such a strong piece of our very human nature.
I pray for strength and clear thinking for you, mama, as you pursue answers to your questions. There are many answers on this web site and prior posters gave you a great start. Knowledge is power - may you hold yourself and your beautiful daughter with knowledge, love and joy in these upcoming days.
Love
Kim (from CT)

2004 - Stage 4, mets to 4 lobes of lungs and liver, lumpectomy, er/pr -, her2 neu+++, Herceptin and Navelbine then Herceptin only.

2005 - Breast Ca vaccinations with the Tumor Vaccine Group in Seattle

2011 - Still Herceptin only and NED

2011, June - STOPPED Herceptin and kicked up my heels!

2012, February - 1 small tumor came back to haunt me in my lungs - back on Herceptin only, tumor stable.

2015, November - tumor on lungs removed (Segmentectomy), back on Herceptin only
Received U of W vaccine clinical "booster" Vaccine

2022 On Herceptin and NED continues - WOOT WOOT!
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote