View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 11:32 AM   #411
Alyce

Hi All- I had 4 rounds of chemo with Herceptin every week until chemo was finished. I had 6 weeks of radiation and continue with herceptin every 3 weeks. I started Femara in May. I was early stage with 3 benign nodes removed and clear margins for lumpectomy.
All the chemo side effects seem to have disappeared. I had numbness in one foot and one hand. They are fine now. No memory issues that I could say are any different than pre-chemo. I do have a chronic dry cough that was checked out by my Physician who couldn't find any other connections to respiratory problem. It seems to be lessening. I also have the "herceptin" runny nose. I feel that the lifestyle modifications I have made are serving me pretty well. I swim 5 times a week to keep my joints moving (no pains at all). I eat only fresh fruits,vegetables, beans. Little dairy except for plain yogurt. Very minimum soy products, Rice milk, whole wheat breads, pasta, a little bit of chicken or fish once in awhile. No sugar!
I do still have problems with insomnia as I start to get into too much negative thinking when I get to bed. I am taking ambien for that and it is working well for me.
I am so thankful for Herceptin. The "cancer life" really takes over your every minute if you let it. I keep hoping that time will start to get my anxieties in check. I go for a massage every week, meditate every day, and acupuncture periodically. We have to be our own advocates at times and my goal is to keep working on a healthy life style.
Best wishes to all my sisters!

Last edited by Alyce; 08-11-2008 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: correct spelling
Alyce is offline   Reply With Quote