View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
TRIPLE THE LOVE

How does your tumer markers react to meds

Hi
I have been on here before but not so much th last couple of years
I recently have been re- dx with her+ er+ one small met on my liver less than a naometer I am told. real lucky I have a aggressive dr. the radiologist wanted to wait 3 months to see if it changed. Thank god she insisted.

I had my ova out right away- went well ...
I started taking herceptin (again) and tykerb
I was on 2 tab in am and 3 tab pm for six weeks and then my dr. dropped down the dose to 1 tab in am and 1 tab in pm
The reason for the quick response was that my dr. reacted to a jump in my cea and ca markers

42.5 ca and 9.5 cea

after the six weeks my makers went down slightly to
38.7 ca and 3.5 cea I felt great . I recently had a blood test ( 12 weeks of treatment ) I had a 42.6 and cea 5.5
my dr explained that this can happen when you are on treatment .( That when the cells die they realease everything ) I am going for my 3 month cat scan tommorrow

I am so nervous !!!!!!

Did anyone have the same happen to them -up and down of markers?? should I be concerned

I know this is how it going to be . six weeks panic six weeks panic -

I need to work on my fear levels

the kicker is that my dr. put me on this no meat,no chicken,no egg, no dairy I think you might call me a vegan - so and after the shock to my system ( a month
or so) I feel great!!!! I never had so much energy

I guess what I am asking is -does the fact that the marker went down and then up mean it is getting worse and the herciptin and tykerb is not working ?

please let me know what you experience

thank you so much
TRIPLE THE LOVE is offline   Reply With Quote