View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 07:00 AM   #3
Unregistered

Interesting and food for thought.

I have not read anything specifically about H. pylori.

Chicken and egg comes to mind. Is infection more common as the result of dietary factors? My very amateur guess is that excess omega six is a significant percusor of all of this, ( whilst a magor factor not the ony one poor diet, environment etc.)

From all I read the balance in mega three and sixes definately impacts on the cox pathways leading to exacerbation of all inflamatory conditions, downgrading immune system, self fueling vascular inflamtion, high leptin levels, failure of body to respond appropriately etc.

My guess would be high threes and dietary issues are the precussor of poor digestive health, leaky gut, etc. allowing infection H. pylori take hold, and thereafter there is a degree of cylical reinforcement of all factors, inflamatory disease at a low level but widely spread, suppression of the immune system, "evolutionary fire fighting" mechanisms etc., leaving the body much more open to all sorts of other potential triggers for cancers including BC.

I find the common sites of some cancer and links to fat usage metabolism intrigueing, breast, gut, liver brain.

Thanks for flagging up another factor in all of this.

RB