View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 10:23 AM   #58
RhondaH

Angry I don't see WHAT difference it makes as to RB's sex...

a wealth of information comes from this source and I for one am PISSED off as to the negativity that comes out on the board (we have lost a lot of good members...Gina, ALMOST lost AL and many others...due to people not just voicing their opinion and offering constructive criticism, but adding unnecessary comments) not to mention that there ARE male breast cancer survivors on the board. I belive that cancer has MANY causes (ie, smoking, poor diet, genetics, environment, lack of exercise, etc.) and while some of us may have gotten it because of 1 cause, others may have gotten it for another (or MANY causes). I choose to do EVERYTHING I can to not get it again (surgery, drugs, diet, exercise, yoga, prayer) and do offer myself 1 cheat day a week so as to not feel deprived. Mary, you go ahead and die of cancer (since that's what you choose to believe), but I and all the OTHER survivors choose to LIVE, some WITH cancer and others WITHOUT. Understand that there are SEVERAL people on the board who offer helpful information that have not had breast cancer, BUT they provide valuable information for those that do. I'm done.

Rhonda

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by RhondaH; 07-10-2006 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: additin
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote