View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 05:25 AM   #10
linn65

Re: Blocked tear ducts from taxotere - need tubes

Janis,

My eyes watered non-stop on Taxotere, and it drove me batty! I kept thinking if my eyes would only stop watering "eye roll" it would be much better!! I complained about it all the time to my family. I tried everything too like natural tears or Claritan to think of a couple things. Then because they watered so much the cracks of my eyes would hurt and after a full day of work the time I got home I would try and lay on the couch with a cold wash cloth on my eyes. That watering eyes was just plain awful, and I feared it would not go away!! Sometimes I would just get pressure behind my eyes like a sinus headache with all the watering. I feel your pain I really do!!! If I was not crying from all the other side effects my eyes would water non-stop!!

My last chemo was the worse with my eyes, and I woke up and one eye was all red, puffy and watery it looked like I had pink eye or something. The doctor called me in steroid eye drops to use and that took that part away in a few days. After a couple of weeks of being done with Chemo my eyes stopped watering. It was kind of funny one of the first things my sister would ask me is, "How are your eyes, are they still watering"? It stopped and then came back for a couple days, and I thought Oh crap. But it stopped and they stopped watering and have not watered since.

My last chemo really kicked my butt! However, I celebrated the day of knowing this was the last, but at the same time I was scared to death of what would the final blow do of chemo. It had already been so tough. The first two were not uhm how should I put it not bad but each time got so difficult. My 5th and 6th were the hardest, but I was a "Lucky" one my ONC said because I managed to get them all without my blood counts getting too low (besides anemia) and never had the shot they said caused terrible bone paid.

I remember lying in my bed on the 5th one and one minute just shivering and within 5 minutes burning up, and just plain lethargic.

After the 6th I was like a weak kitten and my strength was just gone. I could walk to the kitchen and back and my legs felt really weak, my heart would race and talk about watering eyes and crying. Yikes! I ended up with Bronchitis and ended up in the ER to get steriods, fluid and antiobiotics.

The light at the end of the tunnel is after a few weeks the eyes stopped watering, my legs got stronger, and my strength is greatly improved. You will get through this part and it's tough but you can and will. People will tell you how strong, tough and how you are doing amazing, but I never felt the words given.

However, what I do know is that making it through those 6 chemo treatments of TCH you will be stronger as time goes on. Hang tough and complain all you want because Hey, I feel like this is my place to complain so it is your place too!! We are all kindred spirit's on this board and are pretty darn tougher than most because we are surviving a disease that we never chose to get. My heart aches for you and my thoughts are with you that God will give you strengh and peace!! I will say a prayer for you right now too.

Oh and I tend to ramble.......or get off track!! Cancer gave me ADD too. LOL
7/20/12 biopsy done. ER+ 30 PR -, HER+++,k167 80% Grade 2
9/2012 biopsy on lymph node - showed malignant

9/2012 Pre-adjunctive TCH chemo.

12/6/12 MRI after Pre-adj.
Results: Modest Decrease in size of left breast malignancy As well as the associated satellite lesions and auxiliary Adenopathy compared to prior study. Doctors hoped for better but good response it didn't grow.

12/18/2012 left masectomy with axillary nodes
Size 3.2 CM, Nottingham score 9/9
Grade 3, no evidence of in situ carcinoma
Areas of angiolymphatic are identified
Carcinoma is 0.5 cm from inked deep
Margin of excision
Attached axillary lymph nodes: metastatic
Carcinoma in 6 of 8 nodes.
Size of largest node 1.5 cm
Extracapsular
ER + 73%, PR+2%, HER2+

2/27/13 6 weeks of IMRT radiation finished

2/2013 Started on Tamoxifan 5 years.

8/2013 will take last Herceptin, 17 treatments total every 3 weeks.

BRCA1 & BRAC2 - Negative

August 28, 2013 DIEP flap on the left breast.
February 2014 Nip & Tuck
March 14, 2014 nipple reconstruction and removed port.
August 14, 2014 lump in lymph nodes under arm and above clavicle. Stage IV
August 28, 2014 herceptin And projeta starting and port put back in.

3/18/15 stopped arimidex.
3/18/15 progression....Tdm1
linn65 is offline   Reply With Quote