View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
'lizbeth

Re: Lymphedema Issues

Oh 2senuf - that sucks. It sounds uncomfortable.

I wonder if the pressure is too tight, after all the lymph vessels can only process so much fluid and yours in the right arm are already compromised.

I have heard of surgical intervention for lymphedema that is just being introduced. I'll post some articles for you.

I had an amazing team of physical therapy doctors that specialized in lymphedema. I had axillary web syndrome - the arm doesn't swell - just the lymph vessels. They popped up in the front side of the elbow like guitar strings. It hurt like the dickens and I could not straighten my arm. They got me straightened out fast - lucky me!

Have you talked to your medical team about the feeling of your circulation being cut off?

Perhaps your insurance covers a massage therapist who is experienced in lymph drainage? This is a very light, extremely slow technique. The therapist can help direct the lymph fluid to other areas where the lymph system can process it.

I'm so sorry you are stuck being a one-armed bandit. Ah, the joys of cancer treatment - I hope you get relief quickly.

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote