View Single Post
Old 04-23-2005, 09:08 AM   #5
SusanAnne

Hi Kim,

Unfortunately I just had my oncology checkup two weeks ago so I'm not due for bloodwork again until August. I called Maureen (vaccine nurse) and she gave me the name of two labs in my area I could have it done at. I haven't called them yet but Maureen said it runs between $150-250. Of course I could drive the 6 hrs to Windber and they'd do it for free but it would probably cost me the same.

Being a drug sales rep. I'm sure you had detailed questions. We've had drug reps. from Astra Zenica come speak at our support group meetings a few times and I love to pick their brains. If you learned anything of importance, please pass the info on to me. Do you know how many women have joined and what they are hoping for?

Have you filled out any paperwork regarding the trial? Maureen is putting it in the mail to me. Do you think it's a good idea to meet again with my oncologist to discuss the trial once I get the papers? When I was there last I brought up the idea of a vaccine trial and he was very encouraging.

Thanks again Kim for sharing what you know with me. It's much appreciated!

Susan