View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 07:06 PM   #9
Susan Rankin

Smile

Hi,

I finished Herceptin on June 20, 2006 after weekly infusions for one year. My post nasal drip is much better. I still have insomnia, not sure it was from the Herceptin. My energy level is better but I do tire easily. I need to exercise as I think this would make a world of difference on how I would feel. Now that the weather is cooler I plan to start walking again. My vision is no better. I find myself wearing glasses all of the time now for any kind of close up task. My joints ache mostly after not moving around for a long period of time, sleeping, reading, etc. I find if I keep busy and moving I don't experience the pain as much and don't think about it. I think Femara has alot to do with the joint pain. I started with Arimidex and switched over to Femara to see if the pain would get better. Not much difference. I think it is something I will have to live with and if the Femara keeps the cancer from returning I will gladly do so.

Being off of the Herceptin has been nice but it was my security blanket. I worry more than ever about the cancer returning. I am trying to stay positive and my faith is strong. Having breast cancer has changed my life in so many ways. I definitely have a different outlook on life and I thank God everyday for "Herceptin".

I will post again in a few months regarding being off of Herceptin.

Susan
Susan Rankin is offline   Reply With Quote