Thread: What CAN I do?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 04:05 PM   #6
Chelee

My so called medical team really cares about me. They had their meeting about me YESTERDAY as to whether they can do rads or not on me? They promised to call and as always they DIDN'T. (I am nothing to them!)

I put in several calls to the doc's and others involved in my case. They are all GONE today...how convenient. (Friday, now I can WAIT till Monday again...more time going by!)

I finally found the rad tech girl and she said yes they did have their meeting and said "Didn't anyone call you'? I said "No". She said she would of called me but was told I was in Texas. I told her I have NEVER been out of this state in my entire life let alone now. I never go anywhere...so just more excuses and stories.

She told me they all discussed the risks and benefits of my rads and due to the fact I only have 37% use of my lungs now...they DON'T think it would be wise to do radiation. That Rad onc doc said they would hit at least 13% just doing up by the axilla & collar bone...and that 13% would make me LOSE another 5% usage of my lungs leaving me at 32%. And if they under-estimated...it would be less then that leaving me in wheelchair and on oxygen.

She said I can go to another cancer center and get a 2nd opinion. I said "Does it help to get rads this LATE? Eleven weeks as of Monday. And if I get a 2nd opinion...that will take a GOOD two weeks I bet!

I give up...I can't finish typing because I can't see through the tears. No one would believe how I have been treated here. I do mean "No one". No one at this place gives a crap about me.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote