Thread: money
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 03:21 PM   #13
sherri

Brenda,

In Canada richer people pay more tax: up to $30,000 income for a family of 4 (parent + 2 kids) pay a very little tax almost zero. up to 40,000 you pay 26% tax. then anything after $40,000 is about 33% and it goes up. Of course there are ways to lower your tax, like buying RRSP, investment etc.. But the the truth is that the people that have the opportunity to make more money pay more tax and take care of the unfortuate ones, but there is no child or anybody in Canada that is worried about paying bills for medical (hospital, drugs etc..)
In my case I would benefit more if we had private insurance, my tax rate with all those accounting tricks end up at about 40% of my income. But I like to tell you that I don't mind and sleep better at night, thinking all the children in this country get the best of the health care and no one has the right to send back a patient wandering on the street, even though that person is a drug addict.
Don't you think that is human nature to take care of the poor and unfortunate ? Maybe I'm naive?! ..... but I'm proud to think this way.
sherri is offline   Reply With Quote