View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 10:33 AM   #6
Donna

I have experience with Modafinil

Hi Amazing Group,

I have taken Provigil, I was taking it when diagnosed. It is a non-stimulant used for Attention Deficit Disorder if you have a progressive doctor since that is an off-label use. It worked well for my ADD although the usual dose of one tab a day was way too much for me and I took 1/2 tab. If you are interested in trying it, email me and I can tell you where to get it without a prescription.

I researched it thoroughly a few years ago so I probably don't have the links anymore, but there are no significant side effects, it's extremely safe to use and has been used extensively for years in Europe with lots of studies done on it. I have no problem recommending it or saying it's okay to do it without a prescription, but you really should check with your oncologist first. They probably won't know what it is.

I personally have stopped taking it temporarily because I am trying to relax and "zone out" while my body heals from all of this. If there is a day I really need to be sharp, I take it. There are no adverse effects from taking it peridocally as opposed to every day. I consider it a miracle that happened in my life.

I am happy to answer questions about this medication, it has really helped me.

Have a great day!
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote