Thread: Advice please
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
hezzy

Advice please

Im beyond terried and I need super advise and any information I can get.

The other day I went into ER thinking that it was an ear infection. The doctor knowing my condition wanted a CTscan just incase it was more than ears. They gave me some pain medication and before I knew it I was resting intil I realized that I was being taken upstairs.
When I got upstairs they told me that there was something wrong and they saw fluid near 1/3 brain mets. tumor.
They ordered an MRI ASAP and told me there was a fluid build up around the tumor that was 3.4 ( long before the first radiation and CyberKnife .. Aug 09 it was near 4.00 mg) there are two more that have not been affected at ( 9mm,7mm to and from that date)
I went into panic and talked to the ONC.R.Dr and asked what could be done and he said due to the proir treatments they wouldn't be able to do them again on that area. He said that he was giving me steriods since the mass was liqued. He also said the brain was moving do to this. I was terried.

Right now I'm taking Tykerb, Herceptin, anti-E and Zometa. I asked him about taking Xeloda and he said Id have to talk to my ONC.DR Monday or Tuesday as soon as I could see her.
However, this morning another ONC.R.Dr came in telling me due to the chance of the brain movent along with it being liquid they could give me radiation again.

I'm not sure what to think or who to listen too ANY ADVICE PLEASE
- 6 mths taxol
-6 mths abrexene
- Nov 07 started herceptin still on
- was on tamoxifin wasn't working, gettin something new soon

Aug 09
- brain mets
- 3 tumors
- highest being 4cm large
- others under 2cm
- WBR rads in morning, than afternoon hitting each one direct
- rads to vertebrate