View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #439
DianneS

Herceptin side effects

Rondo,

I have fatigue as well, but I just finished 5.5 rounds of Taxotere/Carboplatin (with Herceptin) March 12. Possible I am still getting over the toxic stuff? I feel better than I did 6 weeks ago. But. Yesterday I was out & about doing errands and my energy seems to stop about 5-6 hours - like someone pulled my batteries out! I did have to fast yesterday for some bloodwork so ate late, then took a long walk and was on my feet until dinner time. My legs felt like they weighed 100 lbs more than usual, very achy and tired feet. Headache as well. I just went home & stayed in bed! Today am better because I haven't done anything but hang around the house.

I also have paper thin nails, some parts of both big toes have nails that look yellow, numb toes especially at night, runny eyes and nose but not all the time.

Does anyone else get watery eyes from Herceptin? I went to the pharmacist as well as asked my doctor and both could not find anything about Herceptin causing watery eyes and red eyelids. But I didn't ever have this before I started Herceptin!

As for it working better the more side effects you get, I was told this is not the case by both doc and nurses. I don't think it makes any difference. Some people may be more allergic to the ingredients in Herceptin than others. I have never needed (nor is it the protocol in B.C., Canada) Benadryl before during or after Herceptin.

Hope this helps?
Diannes
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote