View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #437
DianneS

Herceptin and eye issues

Alyce,
That is good advice. I tried magnesium but I get diarrhea from even 250 mg cut in 1/2 - so what to do?
I too have changed the way I eat - not that I was eating processed foods to begin with, but I have added more fruit and veggies. We aren't meat eaters except for chicken and I buy that organic. No, I don't have much support as I live in a very remote area in B.C. Canada. I'm not much for joining groups anyway, and feel this is such a personal thing that I don't want to discuss it with counselors who haven't 'been there' so to speak. I'm dealing with it ok, I guess.
My eyes are mainly bugging me right now. The eyelids are red and look like I've been crying. Eye doc said to put moist heat on them which I have not done yet I don't have a mediport and never did so it must not be a clot, as one poster mentioned (can't see your post, sorry) I assume Herceptin causes irritated eyelids. Eye doc said my eyes are dry so they over compensate by making too many tears. Did anyone find any over the counter stuff that helps stop this? I hate going outside looking like I've just had a good cry.
Thanks,
Diannes
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote