Thread: Nervous beyond
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #9
CarolineC

Re: Nervous beyond

Wow, you have been through SO MUCH-you WILL find Karen again. Fortunately you can trust your chemo team. Maybe they can slow the infusion since you are still healing.

I have a very hard time trusting my local MO. Three years ago, when it came time to possibly have rads he said he didn't think I would need them, so I asked to be referred to a larger centre where the RO recommended I have them. Two years ago when I was having issues (that's what I call them now) and ALOT of pain he wouldn't order a bonescan. I went to my gp who ordered one. (she had been telling me I was fine when I told her something wasn't right for eight months) When I had the scan a week later I had a 3cm lesion through the sternum to the tissue behind where a shadow was noticed, and THEN people listened. I have major PTSD and trust issues because of those and other incidents with other doctors. It takes alot for me to advocate for myself and many times I will go to an appointment and think "which wall shall I bang my head against today" because I'm still having great debates with my local MO.

Your chemo facility at least is separate from the hospital and your nurses are like your family-a real comfort. You are healing and all WILL be good tomorrow.
4 x AC, 4 x Paclitaxol and H (Neupogen for 7 cycles), Herceptin complete Nov 10
Mar–Apr 2010 25 Rads
Apr 10-Oct 11- Tamoxifen
Oct 11 – 3 cm met to sternum
Oct 11-Letrozole for 3 mths, start Clasteon-bone remodeller
Nov-Dec 11 - Happy 50th Birthday -20 rads to sternum
Jan-April 2012 Taxotere/Herceptin-6 cycles (Neupogen for 5)
Herceptin every 3 weeks-Letrozole added Nov 2012
CarolineC is offline   Reply With Quote