View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #11
PatE

Re: Can't do Gemzar...sigh...the only one that ever works

Hi,
I had a liver met successfully treated in 2008 with Cyberknife, three treatments, didn't feel a thing. It may have increased my fatigue but I had just finished chemo at the time so hard to tell. The only SE I had, threw up once but I ate a cookie right after treatment. Each scan for about 9 months showed the met getting smaller and smaller until it was gone. I really can't remember the last time the Pet report even mentioned my liver or spine. My spine was treated in 2010 with Cyberknife.

Cyberknife was the best and easiest treatment I've had to date, I highly recommend it! Maybe you could ask your Doc about it or just contact a Cyberknife center (not all radiation centers offer it so be sure to confirm it is Cyberknife). After my colon cancer dx and surgery I felt like i couldn't win this battle. Day by day I did a little more and I am now back to work full time. I hope you will consider checking Cyberknife.

Keeping all my HER2 sisters in my prayers, hang it there and keep searching.

Pat
Mar 08 - Started chemo A/T
Aug 08 - Herceptin
Aug 08 - Cyberknife treatment to liver met
Apr 10 - Bone scan showed met on spine L2
May10 - Cyberknife treatment to spine L2
added Zometa quarterly
Jan 12 - Pet scan show mets in lymph nodes
in rib cage area, one near panaceas. Add Tykerb
Nov 12 - New primary colon cancer, not breast met
Dec 12 - Surgery for colon cancer stage II no node involvement. No chemo. Added Leterzole
Continue weekly Herceptin/Zometa/Letrozole
PatE is offline   Reply With Quote