View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #9
KsGal

Re: Can't do Gemzar...sigh...the only one that ever works

Ann, first off im so sorry to hear that you couldn't tolerate the Gemzar. I can't believe when you finally found something that had such a wonderful effect on your tumors, it has to be something your body can't handle.
I have the fatigue you have, not quite as bad. Like you, if my son didn't live here with me, I would probably not get out of bed at all. As is, I get out of bed and do a few things around the house, and then lay down on the couch and take a nap. Even a shower is exhausting. In my case, my doctor said it was because of my elevated liver enzymes, and there isn't much I can do about it, other than stopping my pain meds and Tykerb. Do you know if yours are elevated?
Morphine is stronger, but you have been on so much pain medication I don't know how effective it would be for you at the dose they normally give. Are you on a pain patch at all? I don't know if a transfusion is possible like was mentioned a few posts up, but discuss it with your doctor. I wish things were different for you, and I wish I had some kind of genius idea. Sending you lots of prayers and positive energy..
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote