View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 07:19 PM   #4
dhealey

I continued to work through my surgeries and treatments. The A/C treatments were the worst, I had mine every two weeks. The fourth one just about did me in but it was during our christmas break so I had time to recuperate. I found the taxol/herceptin treatments much easier, again I had these weekly for two months then just herceptin alone every three weeks. I will finish up in December. During the months I took chemo I did nothing after getting home from work. Work did help me to feel normal and helped with my depression. I work as a nurse in a doctors office and stayed very busy. On reflection though I would not have done it any other way. Work actually helped me not to think about the cancer. My enery is no returning and I almost feel like my old self again. I just require more rest than I used to. I think it is a personal thing whether to work or not. For me also we had just bought a house and my daughter was in her last year of college. I could not bear the thought of losing my house or my daughter dropping out of college. I did not do reconstruction so I can't advise on that or the radiation. What ever you choose will be the right course of action for you. Best of luck.
4 rounds A/C, 4 rounds Taxol
Herceptin every 3 weeks until Jan. 2008
6/18/07 prophylatic mastectomy R breast
8/2007 started aromasin/stopped arimidex (side effects)
12/07 stopped aromasin due to side effects (now what?)
Finished herceptin 1/8/08
started tamoxifen for 2 years then will switch to femera
allergic to tamoxifen started femera 4/2008
June 20, 2008 portacath removed
Learnig to live life to the fullest!
Stopped Femera due to side effects
July 28, 2008 start trial for breast cancer vaccine
dhealey is offline   Reply With Quote