View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 04:41 AM   #7
Kimberly Lewis

Thanks Mary Jo, Becky, Marcia, Brenda and Alice. Sorry I was late responding - I never got an email notification that you guys wrote back. I am so glad I finally checked!!!!
I had a negative brain MRI, and really am glad I went ahead with it. The insurance with this new Co. is pretty good so that worked out.

Marcia, my Onc decided not to drive to my office location anymore and I got a very nice, young, up to date guy I am very impressed with. Thank God! He was very familiar with BRCA , I mentioned a report that was real new and he was familiar with it - gotta test these guys.

Becky; you are right - the brain tumors are better beaten when they are little. I needed that reminder.

Brenda - I really like Lilly Shockney and had never heard that counting from last treatment thing - thanks for mentioning it. I too had been told "wait for symptoms" but with my personality I found that insulting. I never had symptoms of breast cancer, the mamo didn't pick it up! (well, maybe the folks reading it were a little less skilled) I am so happy you mentioned the insurance angle and got your scan done.

Alice; in my experience the false negative is a lot worse than the false positive! Very happy that your Onc will do whatever you are comfortable with, thats great. I think that is the best that we can hope for. I love being in the drivers seat rather than the trunk!

Thank you all for the encouragement! Love, Kim

Diagnosed 7/05
Stage 3a er+(45%) pr+(68%) Her2+ (40%)
3.8 cm + .8cm multi focal - pleomorphic lobular tumors
high grade DCIS
7/20 nodes

BRCA 2
positive as of 5/07
surgeries: double mastectomy, hysterectomy (LAVH)
A/C,Herceptin for 1 year completed 11/06
femara

Kimberly Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote