View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 11:30 AM   #5
mts

I remember, while I was still bald (some phase between chemo and Herceptin) I was skipping towards the door and just fell. I was mostly bewildered at the fact that my legs just "gave up" on me. I remained on the floor, face down for about half a minute wondering what had just happenend...? (I have always been very athletic and ran serveral miles a day pre-cancer). I then stood up and was back to normal, but still very amazed at my body's lack of connection to the will of the brain...
When I mentioned it to my onc, he said that chemo not only causes "chemo brain" but affects everyone differently on different levels. I attribute the fall to my brain still thinking I was in "top shape" when my body responded otherwise.
The chemo has made my body weaker than I am willing to admit. I hate leaning on chairs or tables to get up from the floor. Like everthing else, I just gotta stay on it and keep moving. I still get some achiness, but at this point (12 months since last Herceptin), I'm just plain out of shape !

Perhaps your symptoms are how your body responds to the drugs you are taking. We all know that life is never the same after any of the toxic stuff we are told to take to rid our bodies of this scankerous (new word) disease.

Hang in there Theresa, your body is telling you can't go out and start bench-pressing yet. Be glad your brain said so first !

Maria
mts is offline   Reply With Quote