View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 04:55 PM   #14
panicked911

herceptain use

I was diagnosised 9/14/05 ( my daughter's 10th b'day). lumpectomy right side 10/5/05 - immediately put on tamoxifen - started herceptain week before thanksgiving - began lupron shots 12/1/05 - switched to arimidex the following week. Aches and pains started within a week. mostky joint aches and i the feet and arches. Wet thru reexcision ( came up clean) 1/16/06 - contnued with weekly herceptain - started radiaton 2/12 - ended last monday in march. Cotinued weekly Herceptain thru April 18. Now doing herceptain once every three weeks.
Interestigly i developed a sinus infection early March - was given leviquen - had a horrible reaction muscle aches beyond belief and severe pain - switched to ceftan pain abated 50% still have it mostly in knees ad elbow joints. - was convinced it was the leviquen - now wondering if it a combo of the antibiotic and herceptain and arimidex.
Liver function test slightly elevated since end of march when I started Rhino aquacort for the sinus infections ( which i could blame the herceptain but I had this prior to BC diagnosis) .

I seem to be tolerating it much better at 3 week intervals tha weekly- have been ADD since November - can oly go back to work part time - and have less energy than before - but even that has come back slightly on my off two weeks of herceptain or it can be b/c doen with radiation and that takes awhile (3-8) weeks to leave system.
I am on a one year stint of Herceptain - stage 1 -no node involvement
panicked911 is offline   Reply With Quote