Thread: Scared
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 01:25 PM   #3
snolan

Re: Scared

I had the same feeling when I finished treatment, felt frustrated when I had all those appointments and then when they were not there anymore I felt scared, the Dr's where my security blanket. This whole journey is very traumatic and like with any traumatic event it takes time to trust again. Being able to trust your body, that it is not out to kill you just takes time. I felt like I had to tell everyone that I had cancer, about my experiences I guess to help me justifiy my struggle. Now that I am 4 yrs out I don't feel like that any more. I have been able to put this experience in the back of my thoughts and am able to focus on the here and now. None of us have control over what happens to us in the future which is scary enough. Talk about how you feel to those close to you, and let time heal. Hope you gain strength as you celebrate each new milestone.
Tamox.
25 radiation tx
Removal of expander on L due to infection. Tried to save it had 3 bouts of antibiotics and went to see plastic surgeon 2-3x wk to get drained. Saving it was my idea not his. But lost it anyway.
Reconstruction set for December 21st,2011
Finished chemo 12/2010
Finished Herceptin 8/26/11
Reconstruction 12/21/11
Expanders exchanged for silicon 3/19/12
Nipple reconstruction 5/18/12
Nipple tatooing- 7/9/12- All done yay!
11/22/12-Went back to get scar tissue stretched to even the outside of breast, didn't work due to it being radiated skin.
snolan is offline   Reply With Quote